The Size of Data in Computer
The following table shows the general size of data in computer system.
|Unit||Size||What it means|
|Bit (b)||1 or 0||Short for "binary digit", after the binary code (1 or 0) computers use to store and process data.|
|Byte (B)||8 bits||Enough information to create an English letter or number in computer code. It is the basic unit of computing.|
|Kilobyte (KB)||1,024 or 210 bytes||From "thousand" in Greek. One page of typed text is 2KB.|
|Megabyte (MB)||1,024KB or 220 bytes||From "large" in Greek. The complete works of Shakesperare total 5MB. A typical pop song is about 4MB.|
|Gigabyte (GB)||1,024MB or 230 bytes||From "giant" in Greek. A two-hour film can be compressed into 1-2GB.|
|Terabyte (TB)||1,024GB or 240 bytes||From "Monster" in Greek. All the categolued books in America's Library of Congress total 15TB.|
|Petabyte (PB)||1,024TB or 250 bytes||All leters delivered by America's postal service in 2011 amount to around 5PB. Google processes around 1PB every hour.|
|Exabyte (EB)||1,024PB or 260 bytes||Equivalent to 10 billion copies of The Economist.|
|Zettabyte (ZB)||1,024EB or 270 bytes||The total amount of information in existence in 2011 is to be around 1.2ZB.|
|Yottabyte (YB)||1,024ZB or 280 bytes||Current too big to imagine.|
References & Resources
- The Economist - A Special Report on managing information"Data, data everywhere"
- Dependency injection
- Directives and Pipes
- Data binding
- HTTP Get vs. Post
- Node.js is everywhere
- MongoDB root user
- Prefer Async Script Loading
- Components, Bootstrap and DOM
- What is HEAD in git?
- Show the changes in Git.
- What is AngularJS 2?
- Confidence Interval for a Population Mean
- Accuracy vs. Precision
- Sampling Distribution
- Working with the Normal Distribution
- Standardized score - Z score
- Evaluating the Normal Distribution
- What is Nodejs? Advantages and disadvantage?
- How do I debug Nodejs applications?
- Sync directory search using fs.readdirSync