If A and B are two vectors, the projection of A on B is the vector C with the same direction as B and with the length:
When θ is not known, we can compute cosθ using the following property of Dot Product A∙B:
Thus, the length of C can be also computed as follows:
Since C is in the same direction as B,
Where is the Unit Vector with the same direction as B:
References & Resources
- Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_projection
- Dependency injection
- Directives and Pipes
- Data binding
- HTTP Get vs. Post
- Node.js is everywhere
- MongoDB root user
- Prefer Async Script Loading
- Components, Bootstrap and DOM
- What is HEAD in git?
- Show the changes in Git.
- What is AngularJS 2?
- Confidence Interval for a Population Mean
- Accuracy vs. Precision
- Sampling Distribution
- Working with the Normal Distribution
- Standardized score - Z score
- Evaluating the Normal Distribution
- What is Nodejs? Advantages and disadvantage?
- How do I debug Nodejs applications?
- Sync directory search using fs.readdirSync